Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Happening...

I had a long day. It started at 7a this morning. I did my devos, got in a freezing car like a seven-layer burrito, drove to college park just to trade in my freezing car for Tracey's with a heater. We cleaned a woman's house... I walk in, she was talking to Tracey. Small talk. Nothing fantastic that I had no place of being there. I take a seat and wait for them to finish so Tracey can tell me what to start cleaning. The woman stopped Tracey mid-sentence and looked over at me.

"You're sitting," she said.
"...Oh... Do you not want me sitting?" I ask.
"You come into my house, have some coffee, then you sit," she responds. In sarcasm?
I look at her confused but stand to my feet.
"...Um, Okay. Sorry for sitting..." I mumble and leave the room.

I had to forgive the woman for being a bitch to me. Excuse me. For being rude. No. I'm sorry. Bitch is the right word.

I went into her dining room and took a seat on the floor, looked out the window, and said out loud to God in a murmur,"Come on, God... You know that was funny..."

I walk on eggshells the rest of our duration.

We go back to Tracey's to eat some lunch. Spaghetti.

We go to Peter and Crystal Brunton's house to clean. It took us three and a half hours. I actually had fun there.

I just found it interesting how your environment effects your mood. In the first house, I had my i-pod plugged into my ears so I didn't have to think about how ridiculous my morning with the woman started out. At the Brunton's, I didn't even pull out my i-pod. I was completely, one hundred percent content with cleaning in silence. I'm sure that has some spiritual attachment to it.

Anyhow, we went back to Tracey's, but not before making a calorie binge stop at McDonald's. Mmmm nuggets. I felt sick after.

Tried to take a nap. An hour. I don't remember actually falling asleep. My mind was racing. The Encounter. My testimony I'll be giving. It's a goal I'd set for myself months ago, a certain something specific I wanted to do when I first moved back to Orlando from Tampa in August. I can't go too deep into that until I actually do it, but rest assured you'll hear more about it and how it went. Just know it's big. It's HUGE. It stabs pride right in the guttural.

I had cell group tonight. Tracey spoke on the cross (which was further teachings from this past Sunday's sermon). Anytime the cross is preached, if you're heart is open to receiving, you will receive a revelation. And I did. A new one. I thought after seeing the Passion of the Christ so many times I couldn't cry over it anymore. That was proven wrong tonight. I guess it's the condition of your heart whether or not you'll cry every time and not grow callused to it.

But I'll tell you what. God spoke to me tonight. Clear as day.

It was the point in the film where whoever he was was taunting Jesus on the cross, saying, "You claim you can destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days..." I immediately had to pull open my journal and write it down... As I've written in past blogs thus far... there's a lot of things I'm hoping for God to come through for me for at this Encounter. Healings. God said to me:

"You know, Des... The Encounter is three days... Your body is a temple... I'm going to tear down the temple and rebuild it..."

I got chills. I told Tracey. She got chills. A NEW TEMPLE! This means so much more than I'm willing to share at the moment to the virtual web. A handful of people REALLY get the FULL understanding of what this means to me! I'm not afraid anymore. I'm excited!

But I am tired, as well... and I feel like I'm babbling on.
Until tomorrow morning-

gnight.

Oh and check out Kendall Payne. She's pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment