Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ephesians 6.10-18- Day of Peace

"10-12And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.
13-18Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over b
ut the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. "

I don't know anything about this drawing. I just found it. If anyone has any info please leave a comment so I can put credit where it's due. Thanks!


Or in the words of Aslinn during my encounter, "We're not to THUMB WRESTLE the powers and principalities of evil!" hahah. >.<

This is good. This is so good. Because that's the bottom line, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we are all in a battle. An Epic Movie. Good versus Evil. Only it's more awesome than any movie because it's real. We, who are with Jesus already have the victory because the enemy was already defeated when Jesus died on the cross. All we have to do is stand our ground and God fights our battles for us. Pray hard and long, and God does the warfare for us. That's pretty amazing. It sounds love, to me. Who else do you know that would take a wound for you?

Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. It says to learn to apply them. Truth combats the lies, righteousness combats the condemnation, peace combats the stress, fear, anxiety, salvation combats the enemy. The Word of God also combats the lies. Why? His word is truth. It IS truth, just as God IS love... another one of those things you don't fully understand, you just choose to believe it because we'll never understand it. We're human. He's God.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for the friendly reminder that we are still, always in a battle, but not against any person. Not against any human, but against the powers and principalities of the enemy in the spiritual world. I thank you that I'm not a severely wounded soldier anymore. (I may still have a few band aids but in your timing I'll be perfectly fit for battle yet again.) I thank you that it doesn't all fall on me, and that you are right there fighting FOR me.

I pray for the boldness and the fire of the holy spirit to come each time I open my mouth to pray. EACH time I open my mouth to pray, Jesus. Lord, help be to get creative in ways to always have this truth in the forefront of my mind.

I speak blessings over my family, over my leader, over her leader, and over HER leader in the name of Jesus. I speak blessings today, in the name of Jesus. May they all be blessed abundantly with your spirit and your love and your provision. I ask for the same for me, Jesus. Hang around today, Holy Spirit. I want you to never leave my side. May I always know that you are there.

Today is the day of Peace. I thank you for that Jesus. May peace cover me from head to toe. I love you with a deep sort of love that I can't explain.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment