Friday, January 16, 2009

Acts 10.33-48

"Act 10:33 So I sent for you at once, and you have been kind enough to come. Now therefore we are all here in the presence of God to hear all that you have been commanded by the Lord."
Act 10:34 So Peter opened his mouth and said: "Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,
Act 10:35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.
Act 10:36 As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all),
Act 10:37 you yourselves know what happened throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee after the baptism that John proclaimed:
Act 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.
Act 10:39 And we are witnesses of all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree,
Act 10:40 but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear,
Act 10:41 not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.
Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.
Act 10:43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."
Act 10:44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word.
Act 10:45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles.
Act 10:46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared,
Act 10:47 "Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?"
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days."



(Portrait belongs to zemotion.net)





This is so good, I don't even know where to start. I don't even know what words to use to describe and explain what I'm feeling.


"While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. " -Acts 10.44

The best way to describe what I'm feeling is to show you...




(Portrait belongs to zemotion.net)





Holy Spirit, I have missed you so much I'm on the verge of tears as I grow closer and closer to being fully restored to you. You were my favorite part of my Christian walk. You were my best friend. I ask for FULL restoration to you, Holy Spirit, on this Encounter that starts tonight. I want to go above and beyond where I've been before...
Gosh, the first portrait above is called "Before The Storm"... as I've stated before, that's exactly how I feel and what it feels like to me to be waiting for this Encounter. A much needed rain. And God, being awesome like he is, just so happens to pull all the strings together as I sit here. I'm listening to Misty Edwards, "My Soul Longs For You" (this song? AMAZING. You can check it out on her myspace. http://www.myspace.com/mistyedwards ) And the lyrics of this song are the same over and over. Three parts. "My Soul longs for You, My Soul longs for You, Nothing else will do, Nothing else will do..." and "I believe that You will come... Like the rain... I believe that You will come.... Like the rain..." and "You'll come like the rain. You'll come like the rain."
Does anyone else see how God creates an atmosphere of worship? Everything lines up perfectly. He's God. Of course it'd be perfect. The second portrait, called "Redemption" I see nothing but worship.
God, I want to worship you like a child as I once had before. Don't let me worry about what everyone else will think. Don't let me worry that they might be judging me. Holy Spirit, speak and minister to my heart that they AREN'T... No one is waiting to see me have a good time at church just so they can start talking. "You know what she's DONE? And she thinks she can just walk in here and worship God like that??" I know a lot of this will be dealt with starting tonight, but I just wanted to point it out, God, that I'd like it gone from my soul. No longer will it eat away at me.


My soul longs for you, my soul longs for you, nothing else will do, nothing else will do...


Now I'm starting to feel excited. AJLSKJFKSJFKJSDKFJSNFJSNHFHSFIH!!!

And I have nothing else to SAY... Only left to FEEL... And I gotta go, I gotta go, I gotta go...

I love you, Jesus.

Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Im a big fan of Misty Edwards lyrics in fact i created my website just to display as many of her beautiful song lyrics as i can find, perhaps you and your readers may enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete