Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hell Hath No Fury...

It's been about two years now since I had a music project going on with a good friend of mine named Drew Harris. We were called Sonusception and we made music babies. We made your ears bleed daisies. (Inside jokes, I apologize.) Anyhow, I find myself, still, some two years later, listening to the songs we had made together. Drew did all the programing and composition of the music. I wrote all the lyrics and the melodies to the songs and I sang them.

Anyhow, all that to say, I wrote a song during that time (one of the two that had gotten recorded fully). It was called Hell Hath No Fury. It was a song written for what I was going through at that time. If anyone is quick enough to do the math, this was nearly two years ago... so was something else in my past (for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, hang in there! Keep checking back, especially after I've been on my Encounter and it will all be made clear). Read these words to my song before I continue any further:

I feel like a pharaoh
Hidden underneath a pyramid
And like a raider
You discovered my buried treasures

And you took what you wanted
And left the rest
For the snakes and the bugs
The snakes and the bugs

[chorus]
And you don't have a part
Or a piece
Of this broken heart
'Cause now it's mending
The scars are thick
Making it
So I don't need
What would ultimately get the best of me
That which nourished me
Destroyed me

It's a bad taste in my mouth
And like a baby
I swallowed it down
Thinking nothing else existed
But now I know
Now I know
I've realized the depth of the world

And it's much bigger than you
Quite bluntly
Nothing I need to be
Is found in what you are

[chorus]
And you don't have a part
Or a piece
Of this broken heart
'Cause now it's mending
The scars are thick
Making it
So I don't need
What would ultimately get the best of me
That which nourished me
Destroyed me


You had no mercy on me
And I'll have no mercy on you...

It's insane, really. Even I'm dumbfounded by the lyrics that I wrote. It was a perfect interpretation of what I was going through, what I was feeling toward a "certain person". We were just talking about something similar to this the other day how inspiration always comes from somewhere. Either from God or from the enemy. And yes, it could be an amazing song, invention, piece of art, whatever, but it's not always inspired from God... I was definitely not in a Godly place in my life when I wrote this song.

But what I find even more astounding is as I sit here, still listening to this song I'd written... The Holy Spirit spoke to me. "Des..." he said, "You know... this sounds a lot like a spiritual warfare song... I make all things new. I use your past for my glory." I had to do a double take and think about that for a second. I went back, restarted the song, read over the lyrics in my head as it played and the more I listened to it, the more it was making sense as a spiritual warfare song. It's a song of testimony, yes. But it's a song of hope. A song of encouragement. A song to pump you up against the attacks of the enemy, make you aware of them.

To understand this further, you're just going to have to LISTEN to the song, yourself. It's pretty passionate. Go to: http://www.MySpace.com/Sonusception and it's the song entitled "Hell Hath No Fury". The other one, "Maps", is a song that was written to my future husband. Where ever and whenever he is. That's a good one too but not the topic of interest at the moment.

Anyhow, I had to take the time to sit here and write about this revelation that God has given me. I have every intention of adapting the song to my guitar so I can play it whenever I want. Lord, please give me the inspiration to translate this song to glorify your name. I thank you that you make all things new. You are fresh. You are relevant. You are awesome and I love you.

Encounter starts tomorrow, people! -bites nails out of excitement-

xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. I was always sure I was pretty amazing in my creativity, but you blow me away with the amount of "stuff" you already have at this age. You are gifted.

    ReplyDelete