Friday, March 13, 2009

Romans 8.28-30

" 28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."
-New International Version

I know I've done a devotional on this before but I had to pull it again from the International Version. It states it in a way that is different from the Message. Besides that, the word is living and always changing and just like that, you get something different from it every time you read it. Ain't that great?!

Anyhow, what I got from it THIS time from THIS version is pretty great. I've screwed up before. Who hasn't? But God is saying, "Yeah, I didn't like it. Yeah, it hurt me to see you hurting so bad, but I am GOD. I make all things new! I take what you've done and successfully turn it into something that will glorify ME once you've turned your life around, repented, and are eager to change for the good."

THAT is exciting! THAT is why when I'm asked the question, "What do you regret in life" that I sincerely do not have an answer. Don't get me wrong, I used to have a list of things I'd answer that question with, but God has changed me, God has changed my heart, and all those things that I've done in my past are not a regret to me. Why? Because if I walked around "regretting" it, I'd just be getting in the way of what God was trying to do with it. He's using my mistakes, my "regrets" if you will, to glorify him.

How? Well who in their right might would look at me and ever see a girl who had an affair with a married man? Who when they looked at me would see a girl who'd been promiscuous and rebellious, living life how she wanted? I'd assume no one. And that speaks MULTITUDES of God and his ability to rescue and heal a broken person to the point where they can talk about it freely and help others going through the same sort of instances. That is BIG, people! That is GOD!

Jesus,
I am so in love with you it's not even funny. I'm not in love with you because of what you can do for me. I'm in love with you because of what you DID for me... and because YOU ARE GOD... If you chose to put me in a hole for the rest of my life, I'd still praise your name because you are God and you are good. Holy Spirit, be with me today. Help me to get things done that need to get done. You are precious and I love you.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment