Saturday, March 14, 2009

2 Peter 1.19-21

"19And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

God has told many people around me that I will be a prophet to the nations and I WILL believe it until I see it. But that doesn't mean I have to sit around and wait for it. Years ago, when I was still in the church (before what I like to call "The Great Disappearing Act") I was in School of Leaders 1 when Phil did a teaching on prophesying and he had asked if anyone wanted to receive the gift of prophesy that he would pray over them. Well I went up for prayer and he had prayed over me and the rest of the class that day he had us exercise that gift by prophesying into the lives of the people in the class and I had done so with a handful of people.

Well I left for a while, but when I came back, FULLY came back, God had sent me numerous dreams. One of which I told to Papa Phil which had a connection to something he'd done the DAY of the night I'd had that dream. (Crazy, I know). Well it opened up the opportunity of Phil to remind me that I still had that gift. It wasn't taken away because I had left for so long. And that's something God had really shown me for a while there, was that I was not starting from scratch. Sure, I was in the means of my sins being forgiven and I have a fresh slate, but as far as my giftings and my calling, God told me that those things were still there, still ever present in my life.

And THAT was pretty exciting to hear that from God! It was a breath of fresh air. A drink of cold water. I loved it!

So I love the verse above because it specifically speaks of prophesy and it makes sense, sometimes the things that God tells you to tell other people or a dream he will send you, it doesn't always make sense to you in your head. THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU AREN'T TO SPEAK IT OR SHARE IT... God works in mysterious ways and while it may not make sense to you, it makes (or WILL make) perfect sense to someone else, the one you are to tell it to. Our job is to just be obedient and share it with them.

That is something that certainly keeps you on your toes.

Jesus,
I thank you that you love me so much you died for me on a cross, withstood the harshest of beatings just so I could have the opportunity of being free from the chains that held me down. You are simply amazing. Extravagantly amazing. I couldn't think of anyone that I love more than you, Jesus. Thank you for keeping my gifts locked up tight while I was away, preserving them for me to give back as a "welcome home" gift. Holy Spirit, be with me today. May I be a light in the dark places of other's hearts tonight as I work at Mardi Gras. I trust you with my life and I ask that you forgive my laziness. May I always be on the lookout for your blessings, always be moving toward them diligently. I love you, I love you, I love you.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment