Thursday, March 26, 2009

Philippians 1.3-6

"3I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. "

This is good to remember when you start to feel discouraged, like things aren't changing, like you feel hopeless. Remember that God started a great work in you and he is faithful to finish it. Your relationships with other people, your finances, your old habits, any and all of that- God started a great work in you and he IS faithful to finish it...

I remember hearing this before I had run off during my "Great Disappearing Act"... and while I was gone, I was determined that "God doesn't care about me. I've screwed up so bad that there's no hope for me. I'm a piece of damaged trash no one will want anymore. There's no way I'd ever go back to that church. There's no way I could ever got back to ANY church and still feel like God was doing something in my life."

And then I finally did it... I chose to dedicate three months to getting everything that I possibly could out of church, out of God, out of ALL of it... And God showed up for me, BIG TIME... he gave me such a revelation as to absolutely blow me away. He told me, literally, that he was so happy to see me back and he had missed me so much.

And now that I'm back, I'm finding that a lot of the gifts and such that I had before I had left, they are still here- the gift of prophesy, the gift of laying hands on the sick and them being healed, the gift of faith, all of this and more! God told me I wasn't starting from scratch. Nay, he said to me "he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

That's pretty great and a good thing to remember when you start to feel discouraged in your faith, like you aren't going anywhere or doing anything to help promote your relationship with God. Instead of thinking about that, try to figure out WHY you're feeling that way, a lot of the times it has to do with when God has told you to do something and you haven't obeyed yet... Get back to your heart and make it clear before the Lord so that you can continue your growth.

Jesus,
Thank you for always changing me. Thank you for always sticking true to your word. You are a man of your word, a man I can trust, and for that I am truly grateful. You are precious to me and I want nothing more than to make you happy. I love you. Holy Spirit, remain with me today as I look for a job. I proclaim that today IS the day I find what I'm looking for, in the name of Jesus. I love you and I trust you.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment