Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Romans 15.13

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

This is so lovely. I had to read it a couple of times for it to sink in, what it really meant. God will fill me with joy and peace as I trust him. I will overflow with hope, thanks to the Holy Spirit. An overflow doesn't mean "just enough to get by". No way. An overflow of hope is an abundance, leaving no room for doubt. I love that!

So when I'm in the middle of needing to REALLY look to God for trust... it's taken care of. God doesn't just "force me to trust" him. He sends you through a whole healing process, as long as you allow him to do so. In that process, he gives you joy and peace and ultimately hope by the end of it, thus building that trust in him. Aka- building that relationship- and ultimately that's what it's all about. That's what all of this is about in he end. He just wants a relationship with you. With me. I love that!

Lord,
Thank you for this day, already! Thank you that I'm breathing, thank you that there is life to be lived. Thank you for showing me who you are. Thank you for wanting a relationship with me, wanting to build my trust in you in the things not yet seen or even known, yet. In doing so, you're building my hope, my joy, and my peace over the whole situation (Whichever it may be. I can think of a couple already.) I love you, and I trust you. Holy Spirit remain with me today as I check for a job again and as I go through my day. You mean everything to me.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment