Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Isaiah 55.8-11

“ 8-11"I don't think the way you think.
The way you work isn't the way I work."
God's Decree."For as the sky soars high above earth,
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
and don't go back until they've watered the earth,
Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed.
They'll do the work I sent them to do,
they'll complete the assignment I gave them."
-The Message


Man. Yet again. This is so great. God is so awesome.

How many times do we want something to happen and pray and pray and pray about it, and we get so caught up on how we think God is going to so something that we always miss it when he does! We're expecting it to come from ONE direction and it side-swipes up from another! That's how I know God has a great sense of humor... honestly now... HOW MANY TIMES has it ever gone exactly how you were planning for it to?

I just find that so funny. And why is it like that? Because God's thoughts are not my thoughts. His ways are not my ways. I'm kind of REALLY glad about that... If his ways were my ways, he'd be getting tired a lot, maybe even complaining that things weren't happening fast enough, so on so forth.

This really teaches me to sit back and enjoy the ride I'm having with the Lord! Every day, even in the small minimal things, everything is happening for the glory of God and I'm a mere tool he CHOOSES to use to bring his kingdom forth. That's pretty amazing. So I have nothing else TO do but relax and enjoy the ride!

Jesus,
Thank you for being above and beyond my thoughts and my ways. Thank you for being that trust I can always have. Thank you for being that love that I can trust. You are simply amazing. Holy Spirit, please remain with Mekaih today as he's taking his F-CAT at school and he's asked specifically for prayer. Bless his heart, Lord. Holy Spirit, remain with me, today. You know what I need today more than I do. I love you so much.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment