Saturday, February 21, 2009

Romans 13.9-10

“The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.”

OH LOOK! ANOTHER LOVE DEVOTION! Haha.

Welcome to the Love Month and get over it. >.< class="blsp-spelling-corrected" id="SPELLING_ERROR_0">conference that's been going on for free here at the Amway arena. I was a little iffy going into it because the old me has a habit of not really diving into big Christian movement. (That's so dumb, right?) And I always saw Joyce Meyer as "Oh that's great for other women struggling, go get God, ladies! Lord, bless Joyce Meyer and her ministry, but it's not for me." What a load of crap. She has such an anointing on her life and when someone preaches the Word of God, how can it not be for me? I realized it was just my pride, not wanting to take part in something feminine. I don't know why, but I never really liked females to begin with. But God is calling me into a new stage in life where I am to love ALL and embrace my femininity. It's OKAY to be a woman. That's the way God made me so there must be SOME reason- level of influence- heart of compassion- for why he created me to be a woman and not a man.

And I tell you what, I am really starting to get used to loving the things God is doing in my life, even if it's uncomfortable at times. I am seeing just how quickly things begin to change when I open my heart up completely to let the Lord do whatever his will is in me and don't hold him back with my own agenda or comforts.

Well yesterday, Dayari and I were leaving the morning session of Joyce Meyer when we saw that a woman's car had been hit in the parking lot and the other driver had fled the scene before anything could be done about it. We were walking to Dayari's car when she said, "I have a number for a good mechanic, I wonder if I should go give it to them." And I said a blunt and secure "Yeah, let's go." "Will that be weird? I don't know if I should." "It won't be weird, let's just go offer it." So we walked over to the woman who was talking to two other women and we offered her the number and immediately, God began to move. Excuse me- God was ALREADY moving, we just had to do our part.

We ended up talking and ministering to the woman who's car had been hit as well as her friend who had come with her, along with the other two women who were already there, and they made it a point to consistently say that this was no coincidence that we had approached or that they had approached, and long story short, we are supposed to have four new visitors at Northwest Community Church this Sunday.

God is so good! If we move in love as the bible says we should, it's so great how much faster things will get done. We sit and strive and beg God to bring us people to pray for and to minister to and lead but get so bogged down with the people already in our lives who know us and have a hard time receiving from us. Well in essence, forget about them! (I mean still pray for them and pray for opportunities) but start to look outside of your box- outside of your realm of friends. There's still tons of people hungry for (if not God alone) MORE of God and I have the answer to that. Love. Love love love. Love.

Love.

Get it yet? Get over yourself and your comforts. Get over whether or not it would be weird. All you're doing is getting in the way of what God is trying to do- how God is trying to bless you and others around you.

I've really learned a lot this weekend and it's exciting the things that I'm allowing God to take control of in my life. It's freeing to know that I don't have to worry about it any longer. My soul is taking a permanent vacation!

Jesus,
Thank you for constantly being alive and working in my life. I thank you that you are showing me the full meaning of such a powerful tool- love. I thank you that you have equipped me with a heart of compassion- a big big heart! I just proclaim that I am here for you, today, in any way that you choose to use me, I am your vessel. Use me. I want in on what you're doing. Holy Spirit, I ask that you remain with me today. You know what I will face today before I know what I will face today so I ask for the proper tools of your spirit to be able to get through anything through Christ that strengthens me. I love you more than words can express. Shulukt.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment