Thursday, February 5, 2009

Proverbs 31.10-31 What's a Woman?


" 10-31 A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds.Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it.Never spiteful, she treats him generously all her life long.She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing.She's like a trading ship that sails to faraway places and brings back exotic surprises.She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day.She looks over a field and buys it, then, with money she's put aside, plants a garden.First thing in the morning, she dresses for work, rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started.She senses the worth of her work, is in no hurry to call it quits for the day.She's skilled in the crafts of home and hearth, diligent in homemaking.She's quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to help the poor.She doesn't worry about her family when it snows; their winter clothes are all mended and ready to wear.She makes her own clothing, and dresses in colorful linens and silks.Her husband is greatly respected when he deliberates with the city fathers.She designs gowns and sells them, brings the sweaters she knits to the dress shops.Her clothes are well-made and elegant, and she always faces tomorrow with a smile.When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say, and she always says it kindly.She keeps an eye on everyone in her household, and keeps them all busy and productive.Her children respect and bless her; her husband joins in with words of praise:"Many women have done wonderful things, but you've outclassed them all!"Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God.Give her everything she deserves! Festoon her life with praises! "

The whole month of February is the Love Month at my church. Pastor Mark has a lot to say on the subject and it couldn't be better timing for me now that I'm on the dating fast. My inspiration alone comes from God. Because in all honesty, who wants to admit they're NOT ready to get married? I know what my mindset used to be: "It'll just happen when it happens and everything will be worked out through the process." Which to a certain degree that's true. But I'm realizing there are things that not only need to be but CAN be worked on now, here, today, when I'm without someone in mind- Only Jesus in mind- to marry. I'm going to dedicate myself to becoming that woman that God has called me to be, and as a bonus, it'll be the woman my future husband has always wanted. I love that God made it so simple. He gave us a guideline, as women, to follow, in what exactly makes a good wife. So basically, here's the verses put into action:

  • Must have Character
  • Trustworthy
  • Generous and loving
  • Takes pride in the things she loves to do.
  • Spontaneous
  • Diligent
  • Puts thought and prayer before everything she does.
  • Eagerness to take on the day.
  • Has a heart of Jesus to give to those who need.
  • Has a desire to do the things she loves as a side-income.
  • Joyous
  • Wise
  • Encouraging
  • Loves and fears the Lord

Well things are looking pretty good for me! I pretty much got most of those down. The areas that I still need improvement are ones that EVERYONE can ALWAYS approve in. Character, wisdom. Yeah... that's about it. One other, however, that isn't on the list is MY ability to trust or get jealous. Those are things, for sure that I'll need the Lord to weave in and take out of me. I've realized that has a lot to do with never seeing a prime example of what trusting someone looks like. And jealousy? Well I'll just be honest, I don't know where that came from or why it's so strong in me. I always thought that "well once I'm with the one I'm supposed to be with, then I won't be jealous because he won't give me a reason to be jealous" but as Pastor Mark says "How you are and how you act now is a huge indicator of who you will be and how you will act later. Things won't change until you make a conscious effort to change them." (summed up) "When I change, everything changes." But he'll have to do his part too. Like one thing I absolutely can NOT stand and WILL NOT stand is someone who is either a) Buddy-buddy with their ex girlfriends or b) Still "good friends" with their ex girlfriends. No thanks. Come back when you're matured and ready to get rid of all that old baggage and love me for me and only me.

I finally got to make a whole list of "Must Haves/Can't Stands" last night in cell group. I have to say, I've got a lot written on there! Picky? Maybe. But is it worth it in the end? Big resounding YES. I have total and complete faith that God will bring me the one I'm SUPPOSED to be with, and so until that time comes, I'm not going to sit around looking and waiting for it. No. WHEN he decides to bring him my way, then the timing is God's timing. If I go looking, that's me not trusting the Lord. I don't want that.

For the sake of always having it in front of my face, I'm going to ask my leader if she thinks it's okay to make a post of my "Must Haves/Can't Stands" list. But until then, I'm excited to see what God is going to be doing to change me and mold me into who I'm supposed to be.

Precious Jesus,

Thank you for leaving behind blueprints of what we as your children should strive after in life. I love that about you. You never leave us dying and thirsty in the desert. You always speak to us if we just set the time aside to open your word and READ what you're trying to say. I love you, Holy Spirit. You are amazing, always on time, always diligent to point out things to me and my character, which is definitely building and growing more and more each day. Be with me today as I go through my day and into rehearsals tonight for Mardi Gras. Holy Spirit keep me warm in the cold weather. May I be supernaturally joyous all day! I love you with an unending love. Shulukt.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment